A Great Example of Spin
During the Presidential Election, Judy White was researching her Family Tree when she learned that her great-great uncle Travis Trump was a man of questionable character who was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889.
The Only Known
Photo of Travis
Shows Him Standing
on the Gallows.
BY CORY MOLLOY
On the back of the picture – Judy found the inscription:
“Travis Trump, horse thief, sent to the Montana Territorial Prison in 1885, escaped in 1887 and robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889.”
Thinking she must be related to the President, she wrote to Donald Trump for more information about their great-great uncle. His staff responded with this biographical sketch:
- “Travis Trump was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory.
- His business empire grew to include the acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad.
- Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service.
- Finally, he took leave to resume his dealings with the railroad.
- In 1887 he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency.
- In 1889 Travis passed away during an important civic function held in his honor, when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed.”
(Adapted from several Internet sources by Cory Molloy)
Would you like your business presented in a more persuasive way?
Because, perception is everything – in politics, relationships and business. If you would like to get even better results than you’ve been getting (guaranteed) with my assistance, and you – offer the absolute best product or service – Send me a note.
Cory Molloy is the Creative Director at Effective Advertising. He is an industry leader with subliminal messaging, conversational hypnosis, direct marketing, PR, spin, propaganda and persuasion.
His results are in the top 1% of what’s possible – by combining the memorable language patterns of NLP with the most powerful, positive, present and personal words in advertising.
See what changes for you when you begin to sprinkle your conversations and messaging with his special blend of magical words, powerful questions and rhythmic phrases.